Tomahawk goes great with the sniper class, give it a shot and you may never go back.
September 23, 2011
August 17, 2009
Genre: FPS, WW2
Platform: PSN & Xbox Live
Online: 24 People
Maps: 3 Normal Maps, 1 Free map for dogfights
Developer: EA - DICE
If you're used to the other games in the series on PC then you will find this game to be lacking content, but remember that this game is only $15 and has destructible environments not present in the previous games. This is a lot of game for the price. It's an online only game so there is no campaign mode. However, there is a tutorial for those who don't want to jump into the game and die a hundred times.
The game uses the same Frostbyte engine developed by DICE that was used in Battlefield Bad Company and Battlefield Heroes. I played the demo on psn and I was hooked. The demo let's you experience the full game in only one map (Wake Island) for about 30 minutes. Then you must buy the game to play. There is only one mode present, there are 5 flags and you need to capture and hold all the flags until the enemies can't respawn anymore.
Once you start blowing up walls you'll realize how well the game engine works. The sound effects are also great, and the modified battlefield theme music is back and plays in between matches.
The only real problem is that after a while, the three maps start to feel the same. So, if you like the gameplay and wish there were more maps, get Battlefield Bad Company. It has more classes and maps but has the same overall feel.
• Cheap - $15 or 1200 MS Points
• Destructible environments
• Beautiful Graphics (Wake Island looks amazing)
• Ability to drive Jeeps, Tanks, Boats, and FLY PLANES!
• Free fourth map for dogfights unlocked at 43 million kills (has been unlocked on both platforms)
• Only 550 MB file size
• Only three classes (unlike Bad Company)
• All 3 maps are islands and start to feel the same after 30 games
• The fourth map (Coral Sea) isn't as much fun as I thought it would be.
Even with some flaws, this game is outstanding. Buy it today.